Ruby Monstas stands for (Berlin) Ruby Monday Study Group’stas, and this is our homepage.
We are one of many project groups in the Berlin Rails Girls community, some of which can be found here.
We meet every Monday at 7pm at the Travis CI office.
If you identify as a woman, and want to learn programming Ruby, learn how to build a web application, or are otherwise interested in joining or supporting any of our groups, then feel free to come by, or get in touch via email.
Please feel invited to come visit, no matter what level you are on, or what previous experience with programming or technology you have. There are people on all kinds of levels, ranging from beginners with no previous experience to quite advanced members who now work in developer positions:
Everyone is welcome. Please join us.
At the moment there are around 20 people joining on a normal Monday, splitting up into 4-5 groups, supported by 5-6 coaches.
- Our beginners groups study the basics of programming in Ruby.
- The next level groups learn the basics of building a web application.
- Advanced intermediate groups build their Rails application as a shared learning project.
- More advanced groups maintain previously started projects (see below) and continue learning more advanced topics.
- A frontend group focusses on implementing HTML and CSS for the Diversity Tickets project.
- There also used to be a Clojure group that has split into a separate group in the meanwhile.
Advanced students may coach beginners group, generally help with questions, or simply focus on learning advanced topics, and maintain their projects.
People like to bring snacks that will be shared during the breaks.
We have close ties to the amazing Rubycorns (Lisa coaches our frontend group), other Rails Girls study groups in Berlin, as well as the Rails Girls Berlin community.
Ruby Monstas has been founded on July 30th in 2012. About 150 people visited our group over the course of the years (we do not keep track properly). Many of them now have found jobs as developers or other tech related positions.
- Ruby for Beginners - Our beginner group’s curriculum
- Webapps for Beginners - Our intermediate group’s curriculum
- Testing for Beginners - An optional curriculum
- Speakerinnen Liste
- Diversity Tickets
- Slam Alphas
- 50percent, superseded by 50percent, now maintained by @tyranja